I’ve been leading a Small Group designed to get folks reading their Bible more regularly–making it a habit.
This is one of a series of discussions we will be having with Pastors, and maybe even a few regular people , about their Bible reading habits.
Grant Agler is my Pastor at TwinOaksChristian.com and we talk about questions like…
- What kind of Bible do you read? Does it change depending on the situation?
- When do you generally read your Bible?
- Do you ever miss a day?
- How do you determine what your read? Do you follow a reading plan? Do you read it like a book, cover-to-cover? Do you do a specific devotional series? Do you just open it up randomly?
- Do you have any particular method to how you go about reading the Bible? Do you pray? Do you take notes? Do you journal? Do you look for a way to apply your reading for the day?
- Do you think believers in different stages of their faith or different seasons of their life should read the Bible differently?
- If someone who had never read the Bible asked you where to start what would you tell them?
- Is there a difference between reading the Bible and studying the Bible? What do you do differently?
- Are there any other resources or methods that you use to read or study the Bible?
Follow Pastor Grant on Twitter @grantagler